Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Oil Spill Anniversary

Can you believe it's been 1 year
since the BP Oil Spill?

Remember horrific pics like these?

A lot of people thinks it's been cleaned up
and done with.

That's not true.

Take it from me, my boyf works for
the Louisiana Dept of Wildlife & Fisheries.
He's still on overtime due to the spill.
This is why I rarely get to see him.
And no one knows when he'll get a normal schedule again.

Most of the beaches are cleaned up
but it's all on the surface.
Below what you can see,
the sand is still full of oil.

And animals are still being killed.
Like this dolphin who was found with his mouth full of oil.

Hopefully this sweet baby sea turtle survived
after being cleaned off and put in safer water.
(all photos courtesy of the boyf)


Such a horrible tragedy.
Makes me want to ride a bike and not use gas...

1 comment:

Donna Jo said...

I can't believe it's been a year already! and that people just blow it off now :( it's really sad b/c I a lot of people believe it's over, but it won't be for years to come.. And those poor babies having to live in it! ugh.. It doesn't feel like it's been that long..