Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tuna Bones

Heather and I devised a plan to save money:
bring our lunch to work.

She volunteered to make us tuna fish.
She did this because she has to dissect the tuna.
At first I just laughed and thought she was crazy.

Later, she sends me this picture.
She said it was a bone that was in the tuna.

Obviously, I thought she was joking.

So, she sent me a pic of the can it came from.

I still didn't believe her and told her to bring it to me at work.
"Yes Jessica, I will put a tuna bone in my purse for you."

Turns out it really was a bone.
I didn't know what to think.
What.the.eff?

I have eaten so much tuna and never had a bone
(or scales like you see in the other picture).

Turns out that's because the bone gets soft with all the stuff you put in your tuna salad.
 Amazing.

Who wants some tuna?

4 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

I have 3 cans of tuna at home that will be going in the trash!!!!

♥His Lil Cuntree Queen♥ said...

Would it suprise you if I told you I disect mine too? You know me and bones don't mix lol its pretty nasty..

~Talisa~ said...

wow...thats crazy! I love tuna eat it like 3 times a week but have never found a bone! Guess I need to start checking my tuna!

Donna Jo said...

That's crazy! I've never noticed this.. The only thing I put in my tuna is drained pickle relish.. Weird.. I'm going to pay closer attention to my tuna from now on!!!!