Thursday, December 16, 2010

Miss Me?!

I hope someone missed me in my absence...

It's been a long hard last 6 days.

Friday morning I was getting ready for our company Christmas party when my Mom called to say her dad, my grandpa, died earlier that morning. It was rough. Even rougher trying to be strong for her because she was taking it so bad.

She said they'd be on their way to come get me as soon as Mark got home from work so I didn't go to work. But they decided to just slow down and calm down so they wouldn't forget anything. They got to my house that afternoon and we left at 5am Saturday morning towards Hannibal, MO. It was a 15 hour drive including all the stops we had to make. Dogs included.

It started snowing about 30 minutes from my grandparent's house. You know I hated that. It continued to snow well into Sunday morning but Mom couldn't stay in the house without her Dad there so we ventured out to Wal-Mart and the mall.

I was glad to be out of the house with all the smokers. My grandpa died connected to his breathing treatment machine due to his years of smoking and yet they all continue to smoke. Blows my mind, it really does.

He wanted to be cremated so there wasn't a service. But grandma wanted everyone to have their closure so we got to see the body for one hour prior. It was horrible. Bad idea. He was in the cardboard box that he was going to be cremated in with a white sheet draped over him. I can't even explain how bad that was.

We left Monday after the funeral. I somehow convinced my parents to stop at the Aerie in Franklin, TN. I had to replace the soap that spilled in my bag on the way up. HA!

Later that night I was driving and started getting sick to my stomach so I made mom drive. About 11 we were in between Montgomery and Troy and I had to throw up. That was only the beginning. She had to pull over 2 more times for me to throw up before we got home. I threw up every hour through 7 am. And it wasn't normal, it was exorcist style. It was horrible. I literally thought I was dieing and was begging mom to take me to the ER. After that seemed to be over I slept until 1 when my parents left after deciding I seemed to be better. I stayed in bed the rest of the day. Had no energy to do anything.

I slept in yesterday and figured I'd go to work around lunch but I still wasn't 100% and didn't want to take it to work with me. I needed a day to recover anyway. My chest and back was in major pain from the 8 hours of fierce vomit. It was good to get around and go at my own pace when I felt like it instead of rushing off to work full force.

I feel much better today. My stomach is still not right but it seems to be recovering.

Now I have to come in early and work all weekend to make up all the time I missed. UGH

1 comment:

Jenny Strickland said...

So sorry for your loss! Yall were in my prayers!

So happy you are feeling better!

And of course I missed you... DUH!