Thursday, October 14, 2010

Well, I tried...

My washer decided to quit spinning/draining.

My landlord won't fix it.

I'm a single woman. No man in the house.

I have no truck to even take it anywhere.
As if I could load it anyway.

So, before dishing out money for someone to look at it and then fix it I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I found some instructions on the internet and went for it.
I ended up flooding my laundry room.
And couldn't even get the back off because the screws were rusted.
Between Marianne and myself we tried everything possible before giving up. And to be a fly on the wall during the whole situation would have made for good reality tv.

But, of course, we aren't washer pros and were not successful.

All I can say is I tried, and it feels good to not just have wasted money.

I'm already dreading the phone calls to repairmen. ugh

1 comment:

♥His Lil Cuntree Queen♥ said...

If I were you I would go to the laundry mat..if you don't plan on being there very much longer then let your land lord figure it out after you leave! It don't cost that much to go to the laundry mat and I'm sure someone would go with you and sit:)