Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank You to Our Veterans




I grew up a very patriotic child.
& am still a very patriotic adult.

Listening to war stories from my great-grandpa, Papa, who served in World War II. I spent many nights at the VFW with sad old men who loved to tell their stories. My Papa was so proud of his service to this country. Here is a picture of him and my great-aunt. He was so handsome!

My grandpa, Bill, was a little more reserved with his war stories and I wasn't aware of his service until I was much older. Him and his brother, David, served in the Cold War (Vietnam). Here's a pic of him in his Army issued glasses from 1971.

My greatgrandpa, step greatgrandpa, and great greatgrandpa all served in the Army.

My uncle Ron did time in the Navy.
And uncle Brian in the Army.

My first husband was Navy.
Second husband did Navy and then Army.
Both served time in Iraq.

I have many friends that are in or did time.
Derrick, Barry, Ben, Cody, Joe & Russ.

I am thankful and proud to all Veterans.

No comments: