Monday, August 16, 2010

ReCap

As previously posted, I've been MIA due to some health issues.

Dang kidney stones to be exact.

Wednesday I woke up with severe abdomen pains.
Almost to work and I almost fainted it was so bad.
I made it to work and laid on the floor.
A few minutes after Jenny got here I told her she was gonna have to take me to the ER.

I've done this before. Figured I'd get there, they'd pump me full of meds and send me home. They hooked me up to an IV and gave me pain meds that didn't work. So, they gave me something more powerful. Which always makes me feel really weird and freaks me out. I honestly don't know how people do drugs for fun. But it worked and the pain let up. They took me for a CT and sure enough, one of my 2mm stones and grown to 7mm and had caused a blockage because it couldn't pass.

They called my urologist who said I needed to see him asap and luckily they let Jenny drive me to the next hospital so I wouldn't have to go via ambulance. I figured they'd get me right in. Nope, I had to wait. I was laid out on the floor and nurses were bitching about not getting to take a lunch. It was not a good time for me. Finally I get to see the doc who said they're gonna work me in to do Lithotripsy to get the stone busted up so I could pass it. I was scared of course. I've never had surgery. Never been put under.

I figured I'd be waiting all day since I was a work in but I don't think I really waited that long. I was so scared while they were wheeling me back to the holding room but thank the Lord they were ready for me and I didn't even have to wait, just went right to surgery. I remember a nurse getting ill with me because I wouldn't scoot over far enough. And I remember 20 people in the room. And I remember seeing the kidney stone up on the monitor and the breathing thing coming over my face and that was it. I was out.

I came out of recovery quickly and thankfully my Momma was there when they got me back to my room. I was really sore but the pain was gone and I was sent home.

I was in and out of sleep all day Thursday. And very nauseous. So much so that I had to call my doc for some different nausea medicine.

Friday Mom took me to get my car at work but by the time I got there I was not feeling good and we ended up leaving my car there. I was in bad pain again once we got home. I took a Lortab and tried to sleep but the pain was too much. I was pouring tears so mom called my doc office and left a message for the nurse. After 15 mins of her not calling back and me still crying we headed back to the ER. Funny how she called back while we were in the ER waiting room. They tried 2 pain meds and finally morphine but it took 2 doses of morphine before my pain went away. Apparently, they shouldn't have sent me home Wednesday. They kept me overnight and pumped me full of fluids to get the stones/fragments to pass. 20 years since I'd spent the night in the hospital. I was not a happy camper. I woke up at 2 Saturday morning screaming in pain but that was it. My urologist came in at 4 to check on me before he went home. And then the doc that did the surgery came in at 6 to tell me I could go home if I wasn't in pain. Thankfully, I haven't had any pain since then. I've been sore from the procedure but that's normal.

I have to go see the urologist to make sure everything is good and hopefully they other 2mm stone passed in this process. I've had to strain my urine so I could take the stones in. I'm very anxious to find out exactly what has caused these suckers so I can make sure I don't get them ever again. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. srsly.

I am very thankful to Jenny and Renada who were there with me so I wouldn't be all alone. And I'm super proud of Jenny for being able to handle the whole situation.

And thanks to those of you who kept me in your thoughts and prayers!

5 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

So happy you are finally feeling better!!! I was worried when she had to take you back and then admitted you... I should have stayed here and watched after you again instead of going to the lake! LOL!

Yani said...

Im so Glad and happy you are feeling better!!! take care ur self oxox

Donna Jo said...

So glad you're better girl!! I saw you had surgery and it freaked me out a little bit!! I'm glad you had peoples there with you, too! Hope they figure out what caused them!

Vanessa said...

Goodness girl, I'm so glad you are feeling better and the pain is gone! <3

Jennifer said...

I'm glad your feeling better! That is pretty scary. I hated staying in the hospital after my accident last July. They almost sent me home if I hadn't told them about my bad stomach pains and found the internal bleeding. I'm glad your Mom and Jenny were there to take care of you!